Pageviews

Saturday 9 July 2016

BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER


Hello everyone!
Welcome to my blog. If this is your first time stopping by, you are most welcome. Please follow this blog to subscribe so you don’t miss any post in the future.

I haven’t posted a lot on skincare so today I decided to write on skincare. My most favourite natural skincare treatment. Shea butter. A lot of you must have heard about it while others haven’t heard of it. Did you know that Shea butter has a lot of benefits to the skin? I would share a little story in the middle of this post on how Shea butter has helped me.
Shea butter is known to have originated from Ancient Egypt during the early ages. This is according to Wikipedia. Shea butter is gotten when extracted from the seed in the Shea tree. This butter from the Shea has unique properties that are beneficial to our skin. Skipping all that history and stuff. I will be telling you about Shea butter and how it can help your skin in different ways.
When I was younger, I suffered acne. I wouldn’t say it was severe but it was painful. Anytime I look at the mirror I see this big Devils on my face. I almost lost my confidence. I tried a lot of natural treatment until I finally got it right. I had to amend my ways, entered into a more hygienic level and changed my diet. Finally I got rid of them. Back to our post. Here are some of the benefits of Shea butter for the skin.
1. Skin protection
2. Skin treatment
3. Healing
Skin Protection
Before I continue, there are two kinds of Shea butter, there is the natural Shea butter which is gotten directly from the seed and sold. There is also the refined Shea butter which has been processed which some chemicals. Both are good. But only God knows what has been added to the refined Shea butter. I  prefer the unrefined Shea butter, i have used both of them but i recommend the natural and unrefined Shea butter.  It can be used as a sheen protector from sunburn, discolouration and acts as anti inflammatory cream etc.
Skin Treatment
Shea butter is a natural treatment for any skin problems. It is great for healing acne and scars. So my acne story continues. Although I didn’t know about Shea butter at that time and I didn’t use it for my treatment. I used other natural treatments. But they say that you don’t just treat acne once and it goes for ever. You have to constantly battle with it until it gets weak. Ever since I heard of Shea butter as an acne healer, I never run out of it. I still use it anytime i spot a pimple or acne on my face. Every once in a while I apply directly to my face in the night. The good thing about it is that it doesn’t need mixing, rinsing off and all. Just apply directly on affected area. I always apply Shea butter at night for best results and  because it has a particular smell that might be unpleasant to others. I have heard a lot of acne stories and how Shea butter saved their skin. Not only does it cure acne, it also fades acne scars, rashes, insect bites, skin allergies and eczema.
Healing
Shea butter is also known for repairing worn out skin. It smooths the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and crows feet around the eyes. It acts as anti-ageing cream and daily moisturiser. Shea butter is rich in vitamin A and E and has healing properties that does wonders for the skin.
Bonus…
Shea butter is not only good for the skin, it’s also helps hair growth, remove split ends and adds natural shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

advertisement